Mirrors, Table Tops, & More
Clear glass is available in a variety of thickness' from 3/32" to 3/4".
The common uses for each thickness are shown below:
- 3/32" - single strength (SS); for windows & picture frames.
- 1/8" - double strength (DS); for windows & picture frames.
- 3/16" - plate glass; for windows, small table tops & shower enclosures.
- 1/4" - plate glass; for table tops, shelving & shower enclosures.
- 3/8" - heavy glass; for table tops, shelving & shower enclosures.
- 1/2" - heavy glass; for table tops, shelving & shower enclosures.
- 3/4" - heavy glass; for table tops, shelving.
There are many applications for glass that are not listed above. If you are unsure what thickness you need for your application, please contact us and we'll be happy to assist you.
Types & Colors
We carry several types and colors of glass in stock. Most are only available in select thickness'. The different types & colors are shown below along with their available thickness':
Clear Glass; all thickness'
Grey Glass; 1/8", 3/16" & 1/4"
Bronze Glass; 1/8", 3/16" & 1/4"
Non-Glare Glass; 3/32"
Clear Laminated; 1/8" & 1/4"
Grey Laminated; 1/4"
Bronze Laminated; 1/4"
Sandblasted; all thickness'
Polished Wire; 1/4"
Sandblasted Polished Wire; 1/4"
Pattern 62; 1/8"
Pyrex (heat resistant to 446°F); 1/8", 7/32"
Pyroceram II (heat resistant to 1200°F); 5mm
Starphire* - Special Order Upon Request; 1/8", 3/16", 1/4", 3/8" &1/2"
* Starphire Glass is a special order glass that is clearer than regular glass. Regular glass has a slight green tint that is noticeable when looking through the edge of the glass. This tint is even more noticeable on thicker, heavy glass. Starphire has less color but is a special order item and does cost more.]
Shown below are just a few of the many shapes you have to select from for your glass needs:
If the shape you need is not shown we can probably still do it for you. To verify that we can cut the shape you desire we will need a drawing or diagram of the shape. A pattern may also be required before we can cut the glass for you. For more information on your specific needs please contact us.
We offer a wide variety of edgework for you to choose from. The most common type of edgework is the Pencil Polished edge in a Satin finish. Pencil Polished edges are also available in a clear finish. We also offer Flat Polished edges in both Satin and Clear as well as Ogee and Mitered edges in a Clear finish only. Beveled edges can also be applied to any of these edge finishes.
The beveling of glass or mirror edges creates a very elegant look and is used often on table tops, vanity mirrors and wall mirrors. The beveling process uses diamond grinding wheels to remove a portion of the glass edge and then uses felt wheels and polishing compound to bring the edge to a shiny clear finish once again. The finished look is beautiful and can really enhance the overall appearance of any project that uses glass or mirror.
To accommodate for the many applications of glass, we offer the following types of fabrication:
- Drilled Holes; 1/8"& up.
- Finger Pulls
- Plate Grooves
There are industry tolerances for the different glass thickness'. Every effort is made to hold your glass to the size ordered. An additional charge will be added to orders requesting "hold to exact size".